Virtual Field Trips
Give students the excitement of a field trip to Roper Mountain, even if you can’t leave the school! Roper Mountain’s dynamic instructors come direct to your classroom through two-way video conferencing technology. Each one hour lesson is unique, engaging and based on South Carolina and National standards.
Click Here to visit the Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC) to register for programs (You will need to join the CILC to register for programming from Roper Mountain Science Center) or contact the Virtual Field Trip Coordinator, Jasmin Poor for more information.
RMSC Receives Pinnacle Award from CILC
RMSC received a CILC Pinnacle Award from the Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC) in 2015-16, 2011-12 and 2009-10. We received an honorable Mention in 2014-15 and 2012-2013. The award is presented annually to organizations delivering outstanding K-12 standards based interactive videoconferencing programs. Read More.
- RMSA Junior Astronaut Training (Grade 1)
- Weather Watchers (Grades 2, 4, and 6)
- Wagons West (Grades 3-6)
- Spies of the American Revolution (Grades 3, 4, and 8)
- Amazing Animals (Grades 4 and 6)
- Westward by Rail (Grades 4-7)
- We connect with schools using a Zoom virtual meeting room
- You will need to download and install the Zoom software. See the file below with step by step instructions for connecting to a Zoom meeting room.
- For a Zoom connection, you will need a computer that is equipped with a microphone and web camera. You will also need to connect the computer to a large monitor or projector and screen, and a speaker system.
- If you are unable to use Zoom for our Virtual Field Trip please contact email@example.com
- Maximum of 4 VFT session per school day -The earliest start time for the first session is 7am Eastern Time (US)
- We recommend scheduling one hour per session with at least 10 minutes between sessions, but if you cannot work that into your school’s schedule we will work with you to create a schedule that works
- For four sessions in a day one 30 minute or longer break between sessions is required for our educator to eat
- Greenville County Public Schools- Free
- South Carolina Schools $50 per session
- All others: $100 per session
- Special- Book 4 Virtual Field Trips and receive one FREE
RMSC can’t take credit card payments over the phone.
Using Zoom As A Teacher With Virtual Field Trips