Summer Exploration Camps
Member registration opens online only on
Monday, February 20th at 7:00am
- There will be no walk-in registrations that day as the Center will be closed for President’s Day. We will have staff available by phone and e-mail until 12 noon to assist you with your online registration.
- Public registration for non-members opens Thursday, February 23rd. Online access will open at 8:00 a.m.
- Online registration is preferred, but onsite registration (walk-in) is available at Symmes Hall of Science from 10:00 a.m. – 2:15 p.m. If paying with cash, please bring exact amount; no change is available. Members only on Tuesday, February 21 and Wednesday, February 22.
- No onsite camp registrations will be processed after 2:15 p.m.
Can I use my Individual membership for early camp registration and discounts?
You must have a Family or Grandparent Membership to qualify for camp benefits. Individual memberships offer benefits to the individual member only and not family members, and therefore do not apply. Children may not purchase individual memberships, but must be registered as part of a family membership.
When does member registration start?
Member registration opens online only on February 20th at 7:00 a.m. There will be no walk-in registrations that day as the Center will be closed for President’s Day. We will have staff available until 12 noon. by phone and e-mail to assist you with your online registration.
What discount do members receive?
Members receive a 10% discount on camps. There are no discounts for lunch bunch or early drop-off.
How will members access the online registration?
Members will receive a private link by e-mail with access to camp registration. This link will be sent on Friday, February 17th. If you do not receive the link, please contact us at 864-355-8925 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have the link re-sent.
Members must set up their user registration on our website using the email address used to purchase your membership. We highly recommend that you do this and be sure it is working prior to February 17th. This is particularly important if you are renewing your membership prior to camp registration. Set-up your user registration here.
Members: be sure to sign in to receive your member discount. (You will see the Sign In button on the upper left corner of your screen.) Enter the email you used to set up your user registration and password. If you have forgotten the email address you used to register, please contact us for that information. We cannot recover your password. The only way to do so is to click on the Forgot Your Password link and have it emailed to you. When you have successfully signed in, you will see your email address in the upper left corner of your screen (where the Sign In button originally appeared). This is the only way to receive your Member Discount at check-out.
How does the online registration work?
You can register for all of your children on one order, and with one payment.
Members: be sure to sign in to your account to receive your member discount.
- Choose your first camp
- You will only see the first day of your camp week displayed on the screen. All camps are week-long camps. Please see the Summer Explorations Guide for camp dates, time and location.
- Members: put the number of children you are registering FOR THAT CAMP ONLY in the Member box. Members are members, regardless of their age.
- Non-members: put the number of children you are registering FOR THAT CAMP ONLY in the Student box.
- Complete the registration information for that child for that camp. If you are registering multiple children for the same camp, you will be prompted to enter the information for each child.
- Registrant is always the child’s name. All other information is the parent.
- Click on “ADD TO CART”.
- If there is a problem with your registration information, you will see a RED error message. You will need to correct any errors before you can proceed. Your camp is NOT in your cart and not reserved until any errors are resolved!
- You should see your camp listed in your cart at the top of the screen. That camp will be held in the cart for 40 minutes. If you do not check out within that time, it will be released.
- To register for additional camps, click on SUMMER CAMPS on the left. This will bring you back to the page listing of all camps available. Choose your next camp and repeat the process.
- When you have successfully completed the registration information for your first camp, the next registration will show an AUTO-FILL option. Using that option will fill in all the information you entered for the first camp. If you are registering for a different child, be sure to change all the personal information (child’s name, age, completed grade, photo release, allergies and health issues).
- Click on UPDATE CART to add this camp to your order.
- Continue until all of your camps are in your cart. Click CHECKOUT and review your order. Members should see a 10% discount on their order. Disregard the “Discount Code” box. We do not use discount codes. If you do not see your member discount on your order, call us at 864.355.8900 for assistance. Remember, your cart will only be saved for 40 minutes!
- Once all of your camps are showing correctly on your order, and your total is showing your member discount, enter your credit card information to complete your registration.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail for each camp registration. The email will go to the email address you enter on the registration.
- If you receive an e-ticket with your e-mail confirmation, please disregard it. No tickets are required for camps once registration is complete.
- We will mark camps FULL on the website as quickly as we can. However, even if the camp is not indicated as full, if you are not able to enter a number in the registration box, that tells you that the camp is full and we are no longer taking registrations for that camp/session.
- We are no longer able to keep waiting lists for camp openings. All registrations are first come, first served. In the event of a cancellation, the available space will automatically open up online for registration.
Can I still come in and register in person?
The first day of member registration is online only. The Center will be closed that day. We will have staff available by phone and e-mail until 12 noon to assist you with online registration questions or issues.
We prefer online registrations but will accept walk-ins at Symmes Hall of Science at the top of the mountain between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. We cannot accept onsite registrations after 2:15 p.m.
Can I mail in my registration?
If you mail in your registration, you must write a separate check for each camp in which you wish to register. We are unable to process mail-in registrations unless the payment is correct. Separate checks ensure that we can register you for the camps that are available immediately without having to wait for corrected payment. We cannot accept credit card payments on mailed registrations.
Can I call you and pay with my credit card?
No, we cannot accept credit card payments over the phone. For that reason, we do not accept any phoned camp registrations.
When does public registration open?
Public registration will begin on February 23rd.
I want to register my child for a camp that is outside his/her completed grade range. How do I do that?
Camp grade levels are determined by more than academic ability and we rarely allow campers to register for camps outside those designed for their current grade level. To request an Age Waiver Form, please contact Lisa Phillips at 864-355-8925 or email@example.com. Students who are registered in camps outside their grade levels without prior permission will be removed and refund policy may apply.
What if I need to change the camp(s) I’ve registered for?
We cannot “transfer” registrations from one camp to another. To change camps, you will need to register and pay for the new camp and then request a cancellation for the original camp.
If you have registered for the wrong session of a camp with multiple sessions, please contact us to have your registration moved to the correct session (pending space availability in your requested session).
What if I need to cancel my camp?
- Cancellation requests must be made in writing using the Cancellation/ Session Change Request form found on our website. Email forms to Lisa Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verbal/telephone cancellation requests are not accepted.
- Please do not mail cancellation request forms. Refund policy applies to the date the request is received, not the date mailed. We are not responsible for delivery delays.
- Cancellation requests made 21 days or more prior to camp start date will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be made within 21 days of camp start date.
- Camps may not be rescheduled except within different sessions of the same camp. To change camps, you must register and pay in full for the new camp and then request a cancellation for the original camp.
- For camps paid by cash or check, allow 3 to 4 weeks to receive refunds by check. Credit card refunds are processed within 3 to 5 business days of cancellation request.