Butterfly Adventure - Planning a Visit for Large Groups
Tips for Visiting Butterfly Adventure with your Group of 10 or More
1. How do I buy tickets to Butterfly Adventure?Tickets may be purchased online at www.ropermountain.org or onsite at the ticket booth in the main parking lot. To save time upon your group’s arrival, we highly recommend pre-purchasing your tickets for large groups online.
2. What forms of payment can I use?
Online tickets may be purchased with all major credit cards. We do not accept American Express. We cannot accept credit card payments by phone.
3. How will I receive my tickets if I purchase them online?
You will receive an email with your tickets attached. You may print your tickets and bring them with you, or show them on your phone at the gate. All tickets must be scanned and exchanged for a wristband for entry into the Butterfly Adventure.
Upon your arrival, please send one or two representatives of your group to the ticket booth to exchange your tickets for wristbands. To avoid congestion, please do not bring your entire group to the ticket line.
4. Do I have to use my tickets the day I buy them?
No, purchased tickets may be used on any day Tuesday through Saturday between June 1st and July 13th. Tickets are valid for one entry only. Once a ticket has been scanned, it is considered redeemed and may not be used again.
5. I bought my tickets ahead of time, but some of my students did not attend. Can I return the tickets I didn’t use?
Tickets are not refundable. All activities will take place rain or shine. Tickets are open-ended, meaning they can be used any day Tuesday through Saturday, June 1st through July 13th. We will be closed on Tuesday, July 3rd and Wednesday, July 4th.
6. Where can we park our bus?
Parking is available in the main parking lot, just inside the entrance to Roper Mountain. The Butterfly Adventure is a short walk away via the Nature Trail.
7. How many chaperones do we need?
Please bring a minimum of 1 chaperone for every 20 students. Guests will be allowed into the Butterfly Habitat in groups. Depending on the number of students you bring, your group may be split, and you must have a chaperone with each set of students.
8. Do you have a concession stand?
Snacks will be avilable and on certain days food vendors will be present. Check our Facebook page for a food vendor schedule. Bottled water may be purchased on the nature trail in front of the amphitheater and in the gift shop in Harrison Hall.
9. Can we bring our own food and drink?
Yes, you may bring in your own food and drink. No open food or drinks in the buildings, please! Outdoor picnic areas are available for your use.
10. Can we reserve a picnic shelter?
Picnic shelters are available on a first come, first served basis. We ask that visitors use only the picnic shelters located near the Natural Science building at the lower part of the mountain.
11. Do you have a gift shop?
There will be souvenir items and snacks available for purchase in Harrison Hall. Cash or credit cards accepted.
12. Is smoking or alcohol allowed?
No smoking or alcohol is permitted within the gates of Roper Mountain.